– How have you been recently?
YC: Busy but I’ve been really happy everyday
– You mean you can find happiness in the midst of that busy schedule?
YC: That’s right. Therefore, it’s great to be busy. However, remembering the choreography for the tour this time was a little… *laughs* The tour is really worth anticipating.
– *laughs* If you have an off day, what would you like to do? Just say whatever comes to mind right now.
YC: Although I’ve always said in interviews that I would like to make Japanese friends, actually, I’ve never really been sincere about that *laughs* But I’ve been really thinking of making Japanese friends recently. I would like to go out and play with my Japanese friends if I had some just like how I do with my Korean friends. I’ve been wanting to achieve the same balance between my life in Japan and in Korea, I’ve been thinking seriously about this.
– When we last met, although you said that you cycle to Shibuya, now that you’ve become such a big star, isn’t cycling to Shibuya difficult?
YC: Although we don’t go by bicycles now, we still go to Shibuya from time to time.
– Is it okay? Wouldn’t it be terrible if you were discovered?
YC: It’s not that… Usually, they just shake our hands and bid us goodbye.
– I see. You go to Shibuya to shop?
YC: No. We go whenever we feel like eating atka mackerel (hokke).
– Hokke? You mean the fish?
YC: Yeah, we usually just go to a (drinking) tavern/(standing) bar, just the cheaper kinds.
– That’s just like a commoner
YC: But that’s fun.. I really like going to ramen shops too. However, since we’re beginning our tour, we must take care of our health. So even if I feel like eating tonkotsu ramen in the middle of the night, I would have to control myself *laughs*
– Yoochun likes tonkotsu ramen?
YC: Yeah! It’s really~ delicious! Tonkotsu ramen!!
– Since you’re busy everyday, asking this is a little…. Anyway, what would you like to do if you had a long off day?
YC: Oh oh- Just thinking about it gets me excited *laughs* So far, if I’ve a holiday, I would like to spend it all in Korea, I want to meet my family and friends in Korea…. Now, I’d like to go to a hot spring in the Japanese countryside and eat Japanese food.
– Drinking sake and eating hokke! *laughs*
YC: That’s right. And peas. Japanese peas are dangerous! (T/N: Means they’re really delicious)
– You seem to have a pretty good understanding of Japan. So when you go to work, which part of yourself do you think you need to change?
YC: What I need to change most is that I cannot cross the line at work (T/N: Needing to keep his life and work separate) . For example, when talking to both our manager and our staffs, I usually am not very careful of what I tell them. Although I’ve never thought much about it, but I think I’ve got to change that.
– Yoochun’s song [Kiss the Baby Sky] included in the single has shown that you’ve broadened your style of expressing music. Do you think that the way you tackle work commitments, etc has changed?
YC: Yeah. The pressure I feel when I’m composing slowly disappears. Although my ability to focus when I’m composing is slowly disappearing, I can still compose songs. I think that’s the difference.
– Did having [Kiss the Baby Sky] in your newest single boost your confidence?
YC: My confidence grew a lot but at the same time I feel a little embarrassed *bitter laugh* Recently, because I was embarrassed when we were filming the PV for this song, my expression during the lip-synching parts was pretty stiff.
– Although [Kiss the Baby Sky] is about breaking up with a lover because of your dream, is this Yoochun’s real story?
YC: I’ve been asked a lot about that, but that’s not the actual story
– So please tell us your story now.
YC: The lyrics are about how a man deliberately breaks up with his girlfriend because he wants her to persue her dream. But in actual fact, the story is reversed. My ex-girlfriend broke up with me because of (my) dream.
– I see
YC: Therefore, I didn’t want it to be a sad song, nor a ballad. I wanted it to be a pop song, bright, because of the future…..
– You linked optimistic lines like ‘I must smile in future’ and ‘I’m still alone tomorrow’. Personally, I can empathize with ‘The 2 people in the photo are always smiling’ line.
YC: Breakups are really painful. After the breakup, when you look at the photo (the 2 of you took), suddenly, all the memories will come back and that’s the most painful part of it. I tried to express that in the lyrics. It was really tough for me when I was writing the lyrics.
– So, when you think of the word ‘love’, what comes to mind?
YC: Although there are many things but I’ll think of last year’s Christmas. 3 of us, all males went drinking on Christmas eve, but because we drank too much, I slept in during Christmas. When I woke up I went to the living room and saw my mum, my brother and his girlfriend making salad together. When I took in their happy expressions, I felt love for all of them. Love doesn’t only exist in like big elaborate events but also in small things. This small love is growing page by page, be it getting married or having a family… that’s what I think
– The aura of love must have filled the living room then
YC: That’s right. I was jealous! *laughs* Although my brother and his girlfriend were saying things like ‘how do we make this’ and such, but from their expressions and the smiles on their faces, I felt really great as an older brother.
– Yoochun, what actions that girls do make you feel love?
YC: I like domestic/homely actions. For example, when washing dishes, or peeling fruits, or when her boyfriend is eating her home made food and her uneasy expression when she’s thinking ‘How does he find it?’
– So such natural actions captivate you. Also, what do you think is the difference between ‘love’ and ‘like’?
YC: ‘Like’ is a chance. Working hard during that chance and the feeling will mature into ‘love’. Anyone can have a chance at liking someone, but it’d be great if that feeling can mature into love after hard work… that’s what I think
– So lastly, what’s your goal for this year?
YC: That I’ll be happier! *laughs* And that the aura of happiness will spread to those around me, I want everyone to be happier.
Translated by: Sparkskey
Credits to: B Pass 2009 + As Tagged + beyondyuchun + HeistheY
Shared by 6002Sky